2004年12月14日火曜日

Family Highlights (家族重要ニュース)

[The image of "Family Highlights" had been posted for a limited period and deleted. Sorry.]

 10 年来続けてきた "Family Highlights" を今年も編集した。クリスマス・カードにそえて海外の友人たちへ送るものである。

Every year I send "Family Highlights" together with a Christmas card to some of my overseas friends (actually "Family" is replaced by my last name). It is like a small newspaper with over a dozen monochromatic photos and explanations and is printed on an A4-size sheet of paper. I have been doing this since 1994.

The sample was the Christmas greetings from a U.S. friend of mine, John H for the year 1994. He included a sheet entitled "H Highlights" in his envelope. Thinking it a natural and appropriate title, I named mine after his, and continue to use it.

However, John's wife, Jean, who is the editor of their version, changes the title every year. Next year their title was "Routines and Milestones." Then followed "Happenings," "On the Go," "Tripping," "A Year of Reunions," "At Home and Abroad," etc. John and Jean make a trip very often all over the world for business and visiting their relatives.

Yesterday I spent almost all day to prepare this year's version of our "Family Highlights" on a computer. The occasions of meeting the overseas friends, Lee, Indra, Pedro, and Wolfgang have become the central topic as well as our trips to New Zealand and Austria.

コメント(最初の掲載サイトから若干編集して転載)

loco 12/25/2004 10:34
Hi, Ted!
I saw your effort, and was amazed at how you can use the computer at your fingertips! It would probably take a long time for me to learn and do something like that. I love the picture of you and your wife sitting in front of a barn or something, the one in Austria. I can tell that you had a wonderful time. Putting together annual highlights is a great idea! I think I will do that next year.

Ted 12/25/2004 10:49
Thanks, loco, for your kind words. A small building in the picture of Austria is not a barn, but a church in Seefeld (pronounced like Zehfelt). I'm expecting to see your annual highlights next year.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿