2004年11月16日火曜日

Autumn Leaves


Wolfgang is a physicist who retired from Max Planck Institute, Garching, Germany. He is a common friend of my former colleague, Kenji, and me; and he is now working at the National Institute of Fusion Study in Toki, Gifu, as a visiting scientist. Kenji and I wanted to show Wolfgang the beautiful scenery of autumn leaves in Kyoto.

So, the three of us met at JR Kyoto station at 10:00 a.m. and went to Takao and Arashiyama. Luckily it was rather fine today. It was a little early to see the full red color of maple leaves. However, it was also good to see the mixture of red, yellow and green colors. In spite of a weekday, there were many people at both the places we visited. The photo shown here was taken at Jingo Temple, Takao.

Wolfgang brought me a gift from Germany. It was a small book written in English, "Pinakothek der Moderne, Munich: Guide to the Collections" (Prestel, Munich, 2003). Pinakothek is the name of the art museums in Munich. There are Alte (Old) Pinakothek and Neue (New) Pinakothek. I visited the former when I went to Munich in 1989. They seem to have built a new building, Pinakothek der Moderne, as part of Neue Pinakothek.

Comments (Copied from the original site of this article)

J 11/17/2004 00:27
Hi, Ted,
The photograph is very beautiful. Red and yellow and green leaves are mixed. If you visit there next time, you may see the full red color of maples.

S 11/17/2004 07:42
紅葉狩りに行かれたのですね。きれいな写真です。Ted さんの水彩画も見てみたいものです。

Ted 11/17/2004 08:36
Hi J and S,
Thanks for your kind comments. I've added a new paragraph after you had read this story.

M☆ 11/17/2004 17:56
Wow! That's a good situation! I went to Lake Kawaguchi last week. There was also beautiful scenery with red leaves. This photo makes me feel relaxed. I felt happy. Thanks, Ted!

Ted 11/17/2004 19:51
Do you live near Lake Kawaguchi? Or did you make a trip of a few days there?

M☆ 11/18/2004 10:35
I live in Chiba Prefecture. It was a nice trip to go to the Lake Kawaghcuhi.

Ted11/18/2004 11:05
I see. Thanks.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿