2004年12月9日木曜日

The Canal of Venice: Watercolor (ベニスの運河:水彩画)


The watercolor shown here was painted from one of the photos my wife took during gondola cruise in Venice, Italy. I began watercolor painting last year, except for my experience at my boyhood. This work was made last year and was the fourth from the beginning. The first one was the same scene as this one painted in a small sketchbook.

The actual colors of this painting are paler than the above image, so that the original work looks weaker. I was afraid of making the picture dark and used blue for windows. However, the use of black must have made the work stronger. I made the contrast of the image stronger to some extent with the image-processing program. The size of the original painting is F4.

You can see a few more of my paintings made after this work at my Web site.

Note added later: About three years later, I changed the coloring of this painting completely by the use of gouache. The image of the work after rebirth and the story related will appear somewhere in my blog sites.

Comments (Copied from the blog site where this post originally appeared. Minor editorial changes have been made.)

R 12/10/2004 00:54
Thank you for your comment on my blog post. I felt that the watercolor you painted was very beautiful!

Ted 12/10/2004 07:59
Thanks for your kind comment on my watercolor.

S 12/10/2004 19:55
Ted, you post a blog article everyday. I admire your diligence. This picture is certainly beautiful.

Ted 12/10/2004 20:12
These days I'm spending too much time for blogging, though I have many other things to do!

M☆ 12/11/2004 00:04
透明感のある素敵な絵です! That's great! I want to go to Itary too! (>▽<)/

Ted 12/11/2004 07:52
Thanks for your kind comment, M☆. Someday you should visit Italy, which is the country Goethe loved so much.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿